Finding Your Niche: 5 Reasons Why It’s so Important
Aug 10, 2021
Niche is a word that gets thrown around a lot these days, but many people do not really know what niche means. The definition of niche in the dictionary is "the exclusive sphere of activity or interest." Finding your niche as an influencer or creative can be difficult because there are so many options out there to explore. This blog post will go over five reasons why you should find your niche and stick with it!
- It will help define your audience. When you know what you want to talk and share about you will know who you are talking to. Your audience as a creative is twofold. You need to speak to your "audience" as in your followers and also make sure your content speaks to potential clients and brands.
- It will help you niche down your content. Having clear topics to talk about actually helps you produce more content. As a creative or influencer it can be easy to jump from one topic to another (or product) but this can really confuse your audience which will lead to them losing interest and trust.
- It will help you niche down your marketing efforts. Once you know what niche or demographics to focus on, you can then narrow the scope of who to target and how to do it. This way instead of spreading yourself thin, you are more focused which is much more effective for reaching those audiences that matter most.
- It can make marketing campaigns easier. With niche marketing, you are able to focus on narrower niche markets and appeal to their needs. You can then create content that is more tailored to what people in your niche want or care about which will lead them into becoming customers of yours.
- It makes it easier for others who follow the same niche as you to find you. It will help you build community. This community will consist of others doing similar things like you but also potential brands and clients. They will have an easy time finding and following you.
I know that finding your niche can be difficult. You might get worried that you will miss out on certain opportunities by being too specific, but it’s important to find one and stick with it! The five reasons I mentioned in this blog post should help you make the decision easier for yourself. Niche down and then do it again. Try and get super specific about your niche, whether or not that means narrowing down a topic or broadening an existing focus on a larger theme. Once you have found something that is perfect for you, work hard at developing skills within that field of interest while also connecting other areas of life into what makes sense for your unique personality and story as an influencer or creative person.
At the end of the day, your personal spin on whatever you choose as a niche is what will make you stand out!